About Emmanuel Gougé
Contentious and non-contentious patent matters
Emmanuel Gougé is best known for his expertise in handling complex cross border patent matters that are both contentious and non-contentious. He also has a wealth of experience in dealing with trade secrets cases, at national and international level. Emmanuel’s work includes advising on pre-litigation strategy, handling matters in main domestic courts and leading and coordinating multi-jurisdictional patent validity and patent infringement disputes. Emmanuel advises clients from a diverse range of industries such as electronics, telecom, automotive, aerospace, energy, life sciences and medical device manufacturers.
Emmanuel is a dual-qualified French lawyer and Solicitor in England and Wales. He speaks English, German and French and is regularly involved in patent litigations for clients in all three jurisdictions.
Emmanuel is widely revered for his expertise and is consistently ranked in the top band of national high profile legal directories which commend him for his leadership and abilities.
Emmanuel Gouge is to be praised for “his strong skills”(Legal 500 Paris, 2015).
Emmanuel has been ranked as “excellent” for Patent Litigation by acclaimed French legal directory guide Décideurs in 2015. Emmanuel is also highly regarded in other legal jurisdictions such as the UK where he is accredited as a solicitor in England and Wales. IAM Patent 1000 recognises Emmanuel as one of the world’s top patent litigators for his ability to “cut through unnecessary bureaucracy to bring high-rolling deals to a successful close” as well as being “a fine choice for cross-border matter [and] is tenacious, he goes to the ends of the earth for his clients” (IAM Patent 1000, 2014 and 2015).
Emmanuel’s high professional standing and accomplishments have led to him attaining a number of distinguished positions within the legal community. Highlights include:
- co-authoring an upcoming commentary of the UPC Rules of Procedure
- a regular contributor to the Kluwer Patent Blog–which provides global leading insight on prominent issues related to patent legislation
- member of the examination board for patent attorney applicants at the Industrial Property National Institute (Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle)
- training domestic judges across Europe in the field of patent litigation
- President of the Licensing Executive Society, France (LES France) from 2012 to 2015 and now leader of the European Committee of LES International
Contact and connect with Emmanuel Gougé
Partner, Advocate (France, England & Wales)
: Connect on Linkedin